Thursday, December 13, 2007

Skinny Trees Have Feelings, Too

Have you ever looked at someone's Christmas tree and secretly thought, "That is one sad looking tree." I have, and I didn't want us to be those people on our first Christmas together.

We debated about having a Christmas tree. I've had a real tree every year (but one) since I've moved to Omaha, but the mess of it just didn't sound appealing this year. We're trying to be extra-responsible with our finances these days until we have a slightly better grasp on the whole job-school-student teaching thing, so buying an expensive artificial tree was out of the question. I didn't want a cheap looking artificial tree, so what were we going to do?

The first trip to Lowe's netted a very nice tree. Problem? Too fat for our semi-small living room. So back we go to find a "slim" tree. I'm not gonna lie. I'm prejudiced to those slim trees. I think they look too thin, almost a little sickly. I have a hard time picturing them as real. So we stood in the tree section at Lowe's for a good 15 minutes, debating about getting the skinny tree. "They have feelings, too," was Scott's reply to the pouty face I made at the tree that he lifted off the display shelf and put on the floor so I could "see what it would really look like."

I have no problems saying, though, that Scott was right and the tree looks great. It's the perfect size for our house. Scott laughed at me as I stood back and gazed at out happy little tree and our quaint little mantle and declared that "I love Christmas!" He thinks I'm silly...and I agree :)

Now, if only the top and bottom string of lights would stay on at the same time, the tree would be perfect....shoot, should've gotten the pre-lit one!

1 Comments:

At December 17, 2007 at 8:51 AM , Blogger SpartnPrincess said...

Yay for your new blog! :) And yay for your CUTE, CHIC, skinny Christmas tree. :) R~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home