Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Word of the Year

A friend posed an interesting question via email last week: if I were to sum up the last year in one word, what would it be? Without a doubt last year's word would have been change. Going back to school, getting married, going part-time at work, having Scott's Air Force committment end, having him go back to school and get a new job...lots of change (good!) in our lives last year.

Which brings me to the "word of the year" for this year: trust. By trust, I mean trusting God with the future. I must admit to having a hard time with this one. My dear husband, he's so great about trusting God and reminding me to trust as well. We balance each other nicely in that way, eh? I need to trust God with my student teaching (yikes! what if the high school kids think I'm a nerd?) I need to trust God with my future job (please someone want to hire me for next year!) I need to trust God with Scott's future (let's just say I worry enough for the both of us :)

This list could go on. Bottom line, I'm learning to trust. Ask me how I'm doing on this. Hold me to it. Help me make this the year of trust.

1 Comments:

At January 4, 2008 at 9:06 AM , Blogger sarah beth said...

learning to trust! sounds familiar. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home