Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cheap Entertainment

Who needs all the channels on Direct TV or the latest and greatest gaming system when you've got spiders! At the family reunion last weekend, all the kids and Scott were thoroughly entertained by the large spider that Trevor brought in his "bug barn."

Since then, Scott's been on the prowl for some spiders of his own. He caught a small one, but I made his day when I trapped a wolf spider in our basement a couple of days ago. (According to Scott, they're migrating inside now in search of a warmer place to spend the cool nights...great, just what I wanted to hear.) The small spider was soon reduced to a pile of legs in the large spider's container. "They're cannibals," Scott tells me. Apparently...

Tonight I again score points for the "wife of the year" contest by finding another wolf spider in the basement. I don't like the trend I'm seeing, but it does fascinate my husband. He put them both in the same small plastic container, and they fought for a while (much to his delight). Now, though, he's a bit disappointed because they've apparently called a truce and are just sitting there (probably making plans to escape next time Scott opens the lid to put in food of some sort).

So next time you have that shoe raised to squash the spider cowering beneath you, ask yourself, "Do I have plans for the evening?" You could just capture yourself some cheap entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home