Tuesday, October 28, 2008

new addition to the house

No, I am not pregnant...but come on, some of you thought it, I know you did :)

Scott has moved on from capturing and observing wolf spiders. Currently we have a praying mantis in a plastic container on the coffee table (really, who needs a nice vase, knicknack, or decorative bowl when you can have a bug in tupperware). Exciting news of the day: she laid eggs in the container! I will admit, it looks pretty cool. Theoretically, if we kept the eggs until spring (where? the freezer, since they would have been outside all winter? have to google that one), we'd have our own little praying mantis...or mantises...how many babies do they have? What the correct plurual? I feel like I should know that...

We've got the Discovery channel right in our very own living room. I am the luckiest girl in the world! :) (Seriously, though, I do find it rather enduring and pretty cute. Scott is going to be a great dad...some day, many months from now :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home