Monday, March 23, 2009

Well done, good and faithful servant.

I just found out that Mr. Martin (see previous post) passed away this afternoon. Moments like these remind me of how fragile and fleeting life can be and cause me to pause and take a look at my own life. How would I react if I were Melinda (Tom's wife)? If I were a parent of one of Tom's elementary school students, how would I answer their questions? Of course, there are no easy answers, no "right" things to say. Praise God that He's the God of this situation. Praise God that He knows exactly how to comfort Melinda's heart. Praise God that I don't have to have all the answers. I just need to trust that He is good...all the time.

2 Comments:

At March 23, 2009 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

that was quick. so sorry for your loss, Jane - and for his family's and for the community's loss. it is bittersweet. hopefully he is organizing a sweet team of hurdlers up there, just for his Lord's good pleasure.

 
At March 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM , Blogger ranaef said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. That's so sad. :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home