Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day!

How fitting that the last day of my challenging, tiring first semester of teaching is a snow day! There are definately perks to being a teacher.

When I worked at the American Red Cross recruiting blood donors, snow storms were anything but fun. They meant that blood donors wouldn't come in and goals wouldn't be met. Snow caused nothing but stress at the Red Cross.

I'm thankful for a job that allows me to be a kid again when it comes to snow. A job that causes me to rush to the TV or computer, waiting anxiously for the M's (for Millard) to scroll by, and then break into the "no school happy dance" when I get the good news. Shoveling the driveway doesn't even seem that bad on a snow day. Thank God for snow days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home