Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Teacher-Eating Students

You've heard of man-eating sharks, right? Well, the human equivolent of them, I think, are several students in one of my classes. Every day I tell myself I'm going to get the courage up to kick them out/send them to the office for a myriad of reasons, yet every day I feel like I've been chewed up and spit out by the end of the class. God-willing, tomorrow will be different.

On a slightly humerous note...last week I had to send an email to two parents (neither of which I heard back from...hmmm....) saying that I had to talk to their student for "excessively loud slurping noises." Really, who else uses that in the course of formal communication throughout their work day? I don't care how juicy that Starburst is, there is a quieter way to go about eating it.

1 Comments:

At November 19, 2008 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i love that teachers can email home with concerns, questions, praise, etc. i'm actually looking forward to communicating with Reese's teachers - what a nerd i am! :)

that said, i really hope this week gets better for you, Jane. i hope the after-school stuff gets more positive, and that during class you feel extra steel in your backbone to deal with the incessant orneryness that is a teenager. ugh. press on! you may never know the pearls of wisdom you're imparting to your kids. i'm sure there are many that appreciate you and look forward to class with Mrs. Mac! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home