Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Well said, Saint Theresa.

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones,
and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

~Saint Theresa's Prayer

I just read this prayer on the Facebook profile of a fellow new teacher that was in the same teacher certification program as I at Creighton. On the eve of my 31st birthday, I found myself encouraged by it. I am exactly where I am suppose to be, even if it isn't quite the place I imagined I'd be at the start of my 31st year...in other words, I wasn't exactly expecting to be barely keeping my head above water at my job, feeling like I'm 22 and starting my first job all over again, wondering what the heck I'm doing.

I do have gifts that are worth passing along, and no matter what happens, I can love those around me. This "gift-passing" must not be limited to my classroom because there is such a big wonderful world outside of MWHS that, recently, I am guilty of forgetting about.

I must find my contentment, and more importantly, my worth, in the the knowledge that I am a daughter of the Most High. Even if I teach a disorganized lesson, even if I can't think of anything to make for dinner, even if my bathroom needs to be cleaned, my lawn needs to be raked, and a basket of dirty clothes taunts me from the laundry room, God still call me His beloved.

I must shut off my mind enough to be able to settle into His presence and really experience these truths. Life is worth singing and dancing over, and I don't want to miss out on even one wonderful moment!

Thank you, Facebook, for this bedtime revelation.

1 Comments:

At November 13, 2008 at 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jane--I was just thinking of you today and wanted to wish you a happy birthday! I'll be catching up on your blog very soon, I hope. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home