Saturday, November 22, 2008

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Pardon me for a moment while I brag about my husband. The last day of fall quarter classes for Scott was on Tuesday, so he's getting a well deserved break. No more staying up until midnight, 1, 2 or sometimes even 3 am getting projects done (he's a night owl, that's for sure, which is hilarious considering that I have a hard time staying awake past 10 pm).

Scott knows that school has me feeling wiped out some days, so this week he did the following:
  • raked the entire yard and bagged 15 bags of leaves without any assistance from me. This was probably the biggest blessing to me because his allergies make that a not-fun task, and the high temperature was only about 35 degrees (with a wind) the day he bagged the leaves.
  • cleaned the gutters (and got to know the neighbors better as a result)
  • washed all the laundry
  • washed all the dishes...several times
  • cooked dinner several times
  • returned his own early Christmas present
  • came to bed with me at 9:30 almost every night, resisting the urge to stay up late watching movies (which he loves to do on days off)
  • fixed the leaky humidifier
  • taped a crack in the furnace duct
  • ordered several safety devices for the house

And I'm sure I could add to the list but I've babbled long enough. Just wanted to brag!

2 Comments:

At November 24, 2008 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! can we rent him? ;)

show me you love me by raking my leaves. that's what i always told michael. it's like cleaning up a big mess. how good does that feel, having a clean yard & home - and you didn't have to do a thing?! way to go, Scott. that's really selfless of him.

 
At December 4, 2008 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Rebecca M. said...

You've got a keeper! I'm just a tad bit jealous.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home