Sunday, February 22, 2009

Overheard at the coffee shop

Ranae and I have developed a little tradition of playing Scrabble at the coffee shop. Today we were having a hard time focusing on the game because two older women were sitting in the worn maroon wingback chairs behind us, having a very unusual conversation.

I don't make a habit of eavesdropping, and I'm fairly good at tuning out noise around me when I want to but would you be able to resist the urge to listen in if you heard comments like these:
  • "It's a whole lot easier to make your own alcohol than to grow your own marijuana."
  • "Nebraska ditch weed is crap."
  • "On my death bed I just want to smoke a joint--I love the taste and the smell."

Seriously, it was one of the strangest coversations I've ever happend to overhear. Stranger yet, it seemed that the women making the comments is a teacher who is somehow being forced to quit teaching at her school. Hmmm....

And if you're wondering, I won the game: 218 to 216. Whew!

3 Comments:

At February 22, 2009 at 8:00 PM , Blogger SpartnPrincess said...

Yeah, yeah. You won by the skin of your teeth lady. Until next time....

 
At February 23, 2009 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

that is a great tradition! looks like you may be in need of a new partner soon :( ....i'll work on my vocab. :)

 
At February 26, 2009 at 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Moly! A- What the heck ladies? B- I want to play board games at the coffee shop.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home