Tuesday, August 4, 2009

By the numbers

15: days since Scott left for tech school (for his Nebraska Air National Guard position) in Witchita Falls, Texas. If you've never heard of Witchita Falls, you're not alone. Neither had I. Apparently it's a smallish town in the flat, middle-of-nowhere northern Texas that only natives and military folks have heard of. Needless to say, I will only be driving all the way down to see him once. Witchita, Kansas, is halfway and a bit more entertaining.

3: days until I make that inagural drive to Witchita to see the my hubby.

4: months until Scott returns.

7: nights that Shoes (the cat) has been allowed to sleep in our room if she so chooses...and she has taken full advantage of each of those nights. I only wish she would just lay down and sleep and that she woudn't feel the need to be touching me when she does. I'd be lying, though, if I didn't say that I find it a bit endearing.

1: time that I've had to clean up a pile of cat puke (on the basement concrete, thankfully). Apparently she overdid it on the grass eating that night. Why do cats do that? They have to realize the consequences. I don't understand.

4.9: miles I ran (according to the Google pedometer feature) yesterday. I'm training for the Market-to-Market relay in mid-October. I'm part of a "Female Millard Teachers" team, thanks to my hometown friend, Marsha. Hoping I won't let the team down!

2: days until I officially have to report for school. How did summer pass so quickly?

2: students who I failed at least one semester in English 9 that I will teach again in English 10. Seriously?!?! Hopefully we've all matured a bit since last year.

0: lesson plans that I have as the beginning of the year looms...God help me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home