Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Enough Already!

I think I just need to turn off the TV because if I see one more Michael Jackson tribute, I just might break something. Yes, he was a great musician. Yes, he had an enormous impact on music and the world, to some respect. But if the media would devote even half the effort to somethign that actually matters instead of this ridiculousness, who knows what could happen. What's going on with US/Russia relations? I'm not completely sure, since they only spend about 1/3 of the time on that story. What's going on with Iran? Uhm, not sure because they didn't talk about that on the news this morning.

I'm not sure what has me so fired up about this (Scott's laughing at my angst) but seriously, we need to be concerned about more important things. Yesterday the Today showed aired a spot about a woman who flew from London to attend the memorial service, but she was not one of the lucky 9000 chosen to receive a ticket. She stood on the side of the road with a sign asking for the ticket. Thankfully, they let us know later in the show that she got one. Good to know...I may not have slept without knowing.

The next story they showed was about MJ's chimp. He's currently living at a reserve, where he's been for several years. Someone called up the reserve and offered to fly the chimp to the memorial service. What the?!?! Are people serious? That chimp has no idea that MJ is dead, and he probably doesn't care. As long as he has food and a nice place to stay, he's happy with life.

And my favorite quote of the day: Al Sharpton saying, "There wasn't anything strange about Michael Jackson. It was strange what he had to deal with." Uhmm, yeah. Even assuming that he never molested any children (because he was never convicted), I find it a little strange to have a children's wonderland called Neverland. I find it a little strange for him to admit that he shared his bed with adolescent boys...even if nothing happened. I think it is very unfortunate that the media can't just let him rest in piece and move on, but not strange? I'm not so sure.

OK, my ranting and raving is not changing anything. I just need to shut off the TV and get over it, eh? Thanks for listening.

1 Comments:

At July 8, 2009 at 3:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

you're starting to sound like the guy who shares the bed with me! haha. i totally agree. GRR.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home