Sunday, June 28, 2009

France!

First, I must warn about typos and briefness.  I'm typing on a French keyboard at our hotel in Paris and just enough things are different to through off my groove...and they have a 20 minute time limit.  More when I'm back in Germany tomorrow.

It's been a whirlwind four days in France.  After a later than anticipated start on Wednesday (I will admit to losing my patience a bit) we arrived in Strasburg, France, just in time for dinner.  Very nice little city to walk around in the evening, especially near the canals.  Scott's brother tried pig stomach sausage for dinner...wouldn't want to waste anything you know...I tried one bite.  I do not recommend it.

Thursday it was over to Colmar (about a 30 minute drive).  Pleasant sidewalk cafe breakfast...made me feel so French!  Spent the evening driving around the hills in wine country.

Friday was the never-ending drive to Paris (more on that when the computer clock's not ticking), and Saturday was a "see Paris in one day" adventure.  Started at 9 am and ended on the Eiffel Tower at midnight...whew!

More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home