Tuesday, January 8, 2008

And so it begins...

Day two of student teaching is complete. I'm slowly getting use to being called "Mrs. McIntyre." I'm getting to use to the strange clothes high school kids wear to school (the best thus far this week: a t-shirt on one young man that read "I (heart) hot moms"...what!?!?!), and the strange things they say. I'm getting use to walking around with lanyard and nametag with keys jingling down. I'm getting use to unlocking the "women's staff" bathroom (trust me, much better than using the students' bathrooms).

So far I've basically camped at a make-shift desk in the back of the room and listened to what seems like an endless amount of book reports. The new semester doesn't start until next week, so the classes I'm in now are not the classes I'll be teaching, if that makes sense.

The other teachers in the department are over-all great. There is one woman who seems to want to be a bit of a "bubble burster" for the new kid, but I am determined not to let her get me down (Scott gives great pep talks in regards to this subject)!

So that's how it begins...I'm sure the semester will be full of entertaining stories and posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home