Thursday, January 10, 2008

Gotcha!

This morning I caught two students cheating. No, not in class, but sitting at my computer, in my robe, at 6 am. For their final project, the seniors had to do a book report. They had almost three weeks to read and write the report (which was not complicated), and they could pick any book they wanted. Still, though, a couple of students' reports sounded just a bit too good to be true. So, using what could be one of the best innovations of the 20th (21st? I'm not sure when it started), I used a simple Google search to find the websites that the students copied their reports and/or summaries from.

Seriously, do students think teachers are that ignorant? It literally took me 5 minutes to the plaguarized work. This first week is definately opening my eyes to education today. It's going to be an interesting ride! :)

The big question of the day, though, is this: is it sick that I feel a sense of accomplishment in catching them? Like it was a game that I won? Only a teacher....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home