Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dream Come True

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but my eyes are slightly misty as I begin this blog. I just watched the "Today" show clips from last night's American Idol. Ridiculous, I know, that I should get emotionally wrapped up in the finale, since I've watched exactly three full episodes this year, but when David Cook started to cry and was at a loss for words as he was announced the winner, I couldn't helped but think how amazing he must have felt at that moment. His dream had come true. A 25 year-old bartender who had, on a whim and because of his brother's persistence, driven to Omaha from Kansas City (go Midwestern boys!) to try out will now have the chance to live out his dream....wow!

Makes me think about my dreams, or the apparent lack of sometimes. I dreamt of someday finding the love of my life and marrying him, and it's happened. I dreamt of being a teacher and yesterday I came home two bags full of materials from Millard West to look over this summer to prepare for the fabulous freshmen I'll be teaching this fall. I will admit, though, that both of those dreams can be terrifying at times. Giving my heart to someone. Starting out new in a career that I feel completely incompetent in some days.

What will my next dreams be? Kids? Travel? Writing? All? None? I want to be a person who spends her life going after her dreams. I don't just want to "settle in." But it's one thing to say that and another to live my life as a dreamchaser.

God, please continue to give me dreams. Show me what my heart's desires really are. Give me faith, hope, perseverance, and courage for the chase.

3 Comments:

At May 22, 2008 at 8:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Said, Jane, Well Said!

 
At May 22, 2008 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

so glad i wasn't the only one tearing up last night! he so deserved this. ah. and i also thought about dreams and going after them, even if it's a 'long-shot'. just a normal guy 'made' it. makes me think that we can too.

 
At May 23, 2008 at 3:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janey...I know that your dreams will never end and that your road will be full of happiness and tearing up at TV shows :) Kidding. May all your dreams come true!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home