Thursday, May 15, 2008

Third Times a Charm?


Today, for the third time in as many months, I locked myself out of my house. The last two times I've been with my mom. We decide to run some errands. I take her car because I am parked in. Not until we return home do I realize that when I don't drive my car, I don't have my keys (I just keep them in the ignition of the car so I don't search around the house for them). I also do not have my garage door opener. Darn it!

Tonight being locked out resulted in giving my mom a short tour of North Omaha as we drove to the Fort Campus of Metro to get Scott's house key. Last time I was locked out, my mom and I drove to Scott's work to get the garage door opener from his car (thank God he rarely locks his car at work). The time before that...February 29...Card Wedding Eve...as girls were pulling up to my house for a little pre-wedding girls' night...I managed to drop and break a bottle of wine on my way down the steps upon realizing that I was locked out.

If I'm remembering correctly, I think I've locked myself out of my house five times in this house. Five times in five years wouldn't sound so ridiculous, but three times in three months tends to make me look like an idiot, eh? As a wise woman from the UP Audit department told me tonight, "Girl, you need to hide a key!" I think I'll do that when I'm out and about tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At May 16, 2008 at 10:33 PM , Blogger SpartnPrincess said...

I wonder who that was that said that. Do you know any girls that work in Audit at UP? I don't. ;)

 
At May 20, 2008 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Janey...Jane. I think a hide a key is a great idea for you. It was so nice of you to take your mom on a tour of North O. Did she get a chance to see the bag man who stands on 30th Street? I miss him. STOP LOCKING YOURSELF OUT!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home