Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Time on my hands

Day #3 of not having a whole lot to do. I'm done with student teaching (except for 40 short stories to read and grade) and don't start my summer job yet. I love the time to relax, read, exercise, cook (well, I don't love to cook yet, but I think I'll get closer now that I have more time), hang out with friends, etc, but I find myself, just on day #3, already getting antsy.

It's not that I have nothing to do. This list of things can be lengthy:
  • put together photo albums (from Ecuador in 1999, Peru in 2004, Ireland in 2006, wedding, honeymoon...yeah, I'm a bit behind)
  • yard work (tear out brush in back, fertilize, plant grass, plant flowers)
  • sand/paint in the bathroom (can I just say how I cannot wait until this project is done. I'm quickly tiring of the thin layer of white grout/drywall dust all over everything in the general vicinity of the bathroom...gotta love home improvements)
  • organize my desk (you know, sort through files, throw stuff out, exciting stuff like that)
  • blog more
  • spend time with God
  • read books just because I want to

The problem is I don't feel like doing any of those things, at least not by myself. Who'd have thought that I'd want someone around to do little menial things like that. I suprise myself sometimes, I guess.

It's ironic because I have more time than I know what to do with right now, while Scott doesn't have enough time to do everything he'd like. I look forward to the day, perhaps, when we can both get a little closer to that happy middle ground of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home