Saturday, April 12, 2008

Home Improvement


(sorry for the sideways photo...the computer is smarter than me today)

I will have owned our house for five years in May, but I've never done any major home improvements (indoors, that is. I would definately consider the new deck a home improvement).


I've been wanting a new bathroom for a long time. I was tired of the icky caulking around the sink, the worn pea green anti-slip appliques on the bottom of the tub, the "rocking chair" special feature of our toilet. We've been talking about redoing the bathroom for quite some time, and this weekend it's finally happening!


As you can see, our bathroom is unusable at the moment, so I'm a nomad for the next few days (Scott has the fortune of being out of town on a biking trip). The small setback of the day is that the supply company sent the wrong tub valve, and Jonathon won't be able to get the new one put in until Monday after work, so the project is going to get behing by a couple of days, but if that's the worst thing that happens, I'll consider this whole thing a grand success. So, come visit us soon (I'm thinking I'll get the painting done in two weeks when I'm done teaching) and enjoy the new comfort height toilet with an elogated bowl, the shower valves that allow us to find that perfect temperature of water, and the complete matching whiteness of it all. I must say that I'm like a little kid the week before Christmas...I can't wait to see it all done!

4 Comments:

At April 12, 2008 at 8:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

i can hardly believe that's your bathroom! i'm so excited to see the finished product.

is the toilet a Kohler? if so, we may have the same toilet (in my old house, of course - we installed it ourselves!). happy bathroom!

 
At April 14, 2008 at 10:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for new bathrooms. I'm still waiting to see what color you ACTUALLY decide to paint it. Perhaps you should put it to a vote? :)

 
At April 15, 2008 at 1:02 PM , Blogger SpartnPrincess said...

I'm excited! Man, they gutted that thing quick! Ladies, I hear the toilet is quite comfie...like you might want to sit there for hours, read the newspaper, or a book, or play a game...like men. Right.

 
At April 18, 2008 at 11:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never even been to you house! Invite me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home