Thursday, May 1, 2008

The much-anticipated "Year in Review"












So almost a month ago I made a promise that I would give the highlights of the first year of marriage. I know that all of you have been checking my blog non-stop, wondering where it is. :) Well, wonder no more. Here you have the "Year in Review"

In an attempt to not be super boring with this little post, I've decided to use memories that I have photos to accompany. So, here goes.

First up, a photo of our first dessert shared on our honeymoon. I know I've married the right man when he tells the server, "Can you bring out the dessert while we wait for our meal?" Truly a man after my own heart.

Second, the photo of me making that ridiculous face.  We're on the beach.  I didn't think Scott was snapping the pic yet, so I was licking my lips.  Scott loves this photo!  He thinks I'm hilarious in it.  You know it's love when your husband likes you in a photo like that.  

Next up, a photo of the Coit Tower in San Francisco.  Scott took me there at night, suggested we walk up.  "It won't be far."  Famous last words.  Almost 400 stairs later (and I'm not kidding about that, we counted on the way down), we arrived.  The view was beautiful, so it was worth it, but it was the first of many times I'll hear him say "Just a little more (time, distance, etc)"  Gotta love it.

Speaking of "Just a little farther...": the photo of me looking out over the ocean at Mt. Tamalpais.  This was Scott's first real experience with how crabby his beautiful new bride can get when she's hungry :)  He wanted to keep following the signs up to the top, I wanted to turn around to have dinner.  He won, and the view was beautiful.  Lesson of the day: always bring snacks.

Scott's new-found love for home repairs has got to make the list.  Speedy gutter-cleaning to try and beat a thunderstorm (anyone else ever buy a ladder from Home Depot to clean the gutters and then return it? Not that we have or anything...) and building a deck.  I'm sad that I can't find the picture of Scott poised at the base of the bush that use to stand next to the front door, yelling over the chain saw, "Hon, I think we should just take the whole thing out!"  Didn't really leave a lot of room for me to say "No!", eh?

Who can forget men who have fire, even if it's just a small one in the backyard.  After tearing out said bush, Scott thought the easiest thing to do would be to burn in...in the city limits.  After about an hour of burning, he decided that, perhaps, that wouldn't be the most efficient removal option.

Would the first year of marriage really be complete without a broken bone thrown in for good measure?  Regardless of what anyone says, it really was just a tickle fight that one might say I lost.  

Scott and I both went back to school in our first year.  Scott is the model student.  I am less-than-so.  Scott's excited about being back in school (as you can see by the photo of him modeling the mask he had to make in one of his classes).  I'm excited to be done.  Changes abound in the McIntyre house!

We celebrated Scott's birthday and started to wrap up our first year at the Card wedding extravaganza.  Getting dressed up, dancing with my husband...what can I say, it's a great way to celebrate!  We both commented that day that we couldn't believe we had been married a year.  It feels like just yesterday that we were in that same church, exchanging our vows.

At our wedding, Matthew commented that I had found my adventurous man (lots of backstory leading up to that comment).  Long story short, I wanted to marry someone who embraces life, who lives life to the full, who treats each day as a new adventure.  The final picture is of Scott and I in Minneapolis.  That weekend was just one of our many little adventures this year.  Scott loves a good road trip.  The IPod is always loaded with a vast variety of songs, sermons, and other random things.  There's always good conversation, and we both love the hunt for a good milkshake at a little town along the way :)


2 Comments:

At May 2, 2008 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

my kind of meal! oh, you guys. you have that honeymoon glow. ah.

 
At May 6, 2008 at 2:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was great Jane! Hope I can say the same things after my first year of marriage! Check back to my blog in 10 months!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home