Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tuesdays with Morrie

I picked up a copy of Tuesdays with Morrie while waiting in line to use the staff bathroom at school today. I think I've been watching too much TV the last few days, and I was tired of reading books that I "have to" read (ie. books that I am or will be teaching in the near future), so I thought I'd give this one a try. I remembered it being very popular when it came out, and now I understand why.

It's one of those books that makes one think about the "big things" in life: what's important, where am I headed and where do I want to head, what things should I change...you know, those questions that have all sorts of easy answers. With a millions thoughts running through my head, it's hard to pick out a few to write down, so I think I'll just put one out there for you all to "stew on": "Love each other or perish" by the poet Auden. Somehow Morrie manages to boil everything in life down to this one mantra...what do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home