Friday, July 4, 2008

When I'm a mom...

...which will not be anytime soon, so don't get any ideas...I will not bring in my screaming child to a manicure/pedicure place and then spend the next 20 minutes trying to get her to quiet down while I start my pedicure. Instead, perhaps, I will think to myself, "Yes, I wanted a pedicure today, but this is not relaxing for me, nor the paying customers around me, so I think I'll just go home and try again later, sans child."

Ranae and I treated ourselves to a holiday pedicure. Foot massage, massage chair, pretty pink polish. Almost perfection minus the woman I've described above. I felt so sorry for her little girl. She wasn't just crying and/or wimpering. She was outright screaming. She had a good set of lungs, let me tell you.

I know I'm not a mom and cannot fully appreciate how hard it must be to get away for a little pampering time, but this situation seemed a bit ridiculous. Finally, thankfully, the owner politely suggested that she come back another time to finish. They didn't charge her for what they had done thus far, so I thought that seemed fair.

4 Comments:

At July 5, 2008 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

what that lady did was just pure selfishness....not fair to the other customers OR her little girl! just to get her nails done. ridiculous. i'm glad the owner said something to her. my hunch is, if a trip to the nail salon is a regular occurrence for that lady with her kid, i wonder if the kid is just starving for some 'mommy time' and isn't getting any - and chose the battlefield well! oy. i'm a mom, and that supremely annoys ME. you'll never see me dragging reese to a nail appointment. or hair appointment. heck, even grocery shopping at this point. know your kids' limits, people!

 
At July 6, 2008 at 9:04 PM , Blogger SpartnPrincess said...

Uhhh...I'm pretty sure it was a boy. Ha! :-\ Anyway, yes, I concur; it was all sorts of ridiculous.

 
At July 7, 2008 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Rebecca M. said...

Wow - that took guts for the manager to ask her to leave. The kid must have been aweful! There are certain places you do not bring kids... and a nail salon is definitely top of the list.

 
At July 7, 2008 at 11:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice usage of sans. Love it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home