Monday, July 21, 2008

Vacumming the ceiling

Someday when Scott and I design and build our ultra-mod, very efficient, almost "off the grid" house, I hope I remember that I hate textured ceilings. Last night I was wondering why builders would make ceilings textured instead of smooth. Based on the number of times the handyman (aka. David Kangas) had to drywall and sand the small area in our newly remodeled bathroom to make it smooth, I'd guess that textured ceilings are less work. No worrying about getting it perfectly smooth because it's suppose to be rough. Very clever, those construction people.

Why do I hate textured celings, you ask? Take this challenge: go into your kitchen and look up. If you have textured ceilings and you look very closely, you'll probably see that there is dust/lint/spiderwebs/etc. clinging to that texture. (If you do not have dirty stuff hanging out up there, then I commend the thoroughness of your cleaning.) I had noticed last week that I needed to dust up there, but what is the best way to dust a textured ceiling? Scott and I decided vacuuming is the way to go, so I just spent the last 20 minutes vacuuming my kitchen ceiling.

Vacuuming did the trick and now I don't have dirty lint/stuff dangling from my ceiling, but I do have a rather stiff neck. Let this be your reminder to check the cleanliness of your kitchen ceiling. You may be suprsied.

1 Comments:

At July 21, 2008 at 5:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a much different reason for hating textured ceilings growing up. my grandparents had that kind of ceiling, and if I had a balloon, and accidentally let go of it, it would pop! stupid ceilings. they really aren't good for anything. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home