Thursday, July 31, 2008

Random Acts of Funny

Two randomly humerous moments of the week:
  1. Monday night we had a few friends over to watch "Nashville Stars" (Billy Ray Cyrus should not be allowed to host a T.V. show.) We decided to avoid heating up the house by making hobo packets on the grill. (you know, the tin foil with meat and veggies inside. Dinner camping style) I started the grill to preheat, which does not involve opening the cover (at which point I would've seen that there was "gunk" on the grill from last time). About five minutes later when I came out to put the packet on, a fire was raging in the grill! Ok, raging may be a bit strong, but it was flaming pretty good, definately not on its way to burning itself out or anytime soon. I called Scott. We tried several things to get the fire out. To be honest, I'm not sure what eventually worked for him. Long story short, a mere 1.25 hours later, we were finally eating the packets (cooked in the oven, with the cornbread...it took forever!) with a shiny clean grill drying on the deck. Lesson learned: clean the grill after each use and check before preheating.
  2. I heard Scott pouring a bowl of cereal in the kitchen a few nights ago. (Dinner had been a "fend for yourself" affair that evening...I cannot wait until Scott's school schedule is a bit more normal next quarter). I walked in to get a glass of water just in time to catch him adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream to his bowl of Honey Nut Chex. Yes, I have created an ice cream addict. :)

3 Comments:

At July 31, 2008 at 5:04 PM , Blogger sarah beth said...

mmmm.... ice cream and cereal.... I may have to try.

 
At August 1, 2008 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Rebecca M. said...

Sounds familiar Jane! We often had soft serve ice cream over cereal at HC... remember? And some one I know got supper excited when they had cinnamon toast crunch!

 
At August 2, 2008 at 1:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Jane, somehow I feel this transition was inevitable. Glad to know your are not fighting it. Embrace it!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home